Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ice Cream in the Fridge

Ice cream in the fridge and no water in the coffee pot. The ice cream was yesterday and the coffee pot incident was this morning. Well, actually, I set my coffee pot the night before, so, technically the coffee pot incident was yesterday also. Anyways, I've decided that's a natural result of going from 1 daycare kiddo to 4 daycare kiddos in the short span of 2 weeks. Wow - talk about a growth spurt!

I'm very happy for the growth by the way. But it's definitely been challenging to have so much growth all at the same time. The new members are 3, 18 months, and newborn. So put that with a 2 1/2 year old and a 2 year old and that's a lot of children 3 and under! It's been really fun though. Tiring for sure, but fun.

I definitely don't get to rest as much and it seems like I'm moving in fast forward now when I'm wiping the kitchen after meals/snacks. But it's not so bad. I mean, it's naptime today and I still have time to blog! Itty bitty one is in a wrap right now. He just finished half a bottle and is dozing.

And hey, if that's not enough over achievement for you, the kiddos "helped" me make the pizza today. If you've made pizza with young children, you know why the word "help" is in quotations! We had a lot of fun though and they feel really good about themselves when they've "made lunch." So it's worth it. We made margherita pizza. I used some roasted tomato puree that I made up the other day from my garden tomatoes as the pizza sauce. Then we put mozzarella, diced tomatoes, and basil (from the garden) on it. My only regret is using Pillsbury pizza dough. Terrible - it didn't bake up right at all and I followed the instructions. It was horribly doughy. Awful stuff. I guess next time I'll have to get off my lazy butt and make my own dough. I really wanted to - I guess I just wasn't motivated enough to do it. Oh well - the kids didn't notice the doughiness so much!

Anyways, as we're in a bit of a growth spurt I find that there are some definite things I'll be adding to help the daycare run more smoothly, improve the play areas, and provide educational opportunities for the children.

I don't remember if I mentioned that I ordered a table and chairs when I started the first two (they started last week). They have arrived and I'm loving them. I'll have to post pics if I ever get my film developed! I've got a big blue rectangular table that's toddler height (and adjustable) and four blue toddler chairs (I ordered 2 different heights).

I also moved the potty area downstairs. There's no bathroom downstairs, but I have two potty training right now. So I created a curtained off potty area downstairs and it's working out marvelously!

Well, I guess that's enough rambling for now. I should probably do something productive before everyone wakes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment