Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Homemade Playdough

I used a homemade playdough recipe that turned out pretty great. I can't remember the website where I got the recipe. But I just did a quick google search and I'm pretty sure the first recipe on this page is the same one that I used:

Homemade Playdough Recipes


I added brown food coloring and a bit of black. Well, my black looked a bit greenish. I found that the combination made my playdough look like the exact shade of dog poop. I was actually going for soil, so it was a bit off. Oh well. Also, I added an essential oil to give it a scent. I used clary sage as that was the best I had for giving the playdough somewhat of an outdoorsy smell. Unfortunately I don't have any dirt-scented essential oil. I really like the scent although I think I could've gotten away with using less essential oil. I used 15 drops. I probably could've used less as the scent of the playdough is pretty strong.

Anyways, we used the playdough to make a "bug landscape" and played around with plastic bugs on our landscape. We found that it was pretty fun to press the bugs into the playdough and look at the impression that it made.

No comments:

Post a Comment